MEADE COUNTY FAIR 4-H YOUTH COUNTRY HAM
ONLINE BIDDING ONLY
BIDDING ENDS WEDNESDAY, JULY 22 @ 6:00 PM EDT
Due to restrictions and guidelines with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Meade County Fair 4-H Youth Country Ham Auction will be an online only auction this year.
Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. is honored to host this year’s Meade County Fair 4-H Youth Country Ham Auction.
The country ham has been a food tradition in Kentucky and throughout the southeast for hundreds of years. The Kentucky 4-H Country Ham project continues the tradition of the country ham. The project began in the late 1990’s with less than 40 4-Hers to currently over 775 4-Hers from greater than 65 Kentucky counties. The project begins in the cold winter months of January and ends in August at the Kentucky State Fair, where the hams are judged by members of the Kentucky Country Ham Producers and the students present a 3 to 5 minute speech on the project. Throughout the project the 4-Hers learn about food production and how the country ham fits into Kentucky’s food heritage.
• The sale is open to the public.
• Each exhibitor’s ham will be offered by online auction. The winning bidder will be donating the dollar
amount they bid. All exhibitors will appear in one catalog.
• Online information can be accessed on www.BarrRealtyAuction.com. Refer to “How to Register for
Online Auction” information below.
• Bidding will open on Tuesday, July 21, 2020. Specific time TBA – check Barr Realty & Auction
website for updates.
• The bidding will begin to end on Wednesday, July 22 at 6:00 PM EDT.
• The bidding on all lots will remain open until all bidding has ended (by utilizing 2-minute bid extending.
ie: If a bid is placed at 5:59 PM, the bid time will extend until 6:01 PM. The extending will continue
until no bids have been placed for 2 minutes). This will also allow a bidder that is outbid on a project
ham after 6:00 PM the opportunity to bid on other hams if she or he does not win the bid on their first
• Hams will sell by the whole ham, not by the pound. ie: $100, $125, $150 not $1.00, $1.25, $1.50.
• There will not be a ceiling price for any ham.
• The catalog lots will be listed alphabetically by exhibitor’s last name to allow ease of finding a particular
exhibitor. The 4-H Country Hams will be listed separately from the livestock animals at the end of the
• Exhibitors will deliver sold ham to buyer after all 4-H project requirements are completed and payment
has been received, in full, from the buyer(s).
• All buyers will be invoiced after the conclusion of the virtual auction.
• Any announcement made day of the sale will take precedence over printed materials.
We want to thank you all for your continued support of the 4-H youth country ham program. Happy bidding!
1. Buyer will take possession of the ham only after the 4-H member has completed all project requirements and completed the state level judging.
2. Hams will be delivered to the buyer by the 4-H member after all project requirements have been met.
3. Buyer will receive an invoice from Barr Realty & Auction via email for the Meade County 4-H Council and must be paid prior to receiving the ham.
4. After you receive your Invoice;
Please make checks payable to Meade County 4H Council.
Mail to the Meade County Cooperative Extension Service
1041 Old Ekron Road, Brandenburg, KY 40108
Contact Deana Reed at 270-422-4958 with any billing or payment questions.