ONLINE BIDDING ONLY
Bidding Ends Tues., July 12th @ 3:00 PM EDT
LOCATED IN HARDIN COUNTY at 2786 Sportsman Lake Rd. Elizabethtown, KY 42701. From the intersection of Western Kentucky Parkway, Lincoln Parkway and Highway 31W (South Dixie Hwy) take 31W south 2.5 miles to East Rhudes Creek Rd. turn left go ¼ mile to Sportsman Lake Rd turn right and continue ½ mile to the property on the left.
BARR REALTY & AUCTION CO., INC. has been selected by Lois White, Executrix of the Jean Pitcock Estate to conduct this online absolute auction. Auctioneers Mark Barr, Stephen Barr, Jamie Barr, Chris Barr, Dennie Armes, and App. Evan Barr with offices in Hardinsburg and Brandenburg, KY.
The Southern end of Sportsman Lake Rd. will be closed starting July 11th. The auction site cannot be accessed
from Glendale on SLR. You can access from 31W and East Rhudes Creek and the Lincoln Parkway.
There may be a barrier in the road at Kings Way Rd., but you can proceed around the barrier to the auction site.
HOME • SHOP • 32 ACRES
Near Elizabethtown - Four Miles From Glendale Exit
Marketable Timber - Selling in Parcels and Combinations
ONLINE BIDDING ONLY ENDS TUES. JULY 12TH @ 3:00 PM EDT
A Bid Center will be open at 2:00 PM EDT on July 12th at the auction site to help anyone place bids.
Going on the auction block, selling by online bidding only will be a two-story brick home, shop building, 32.9 acres and marketable timber. Parcel 1 includes the home, garage and 2.862 acres. This home was custom built by Mr. & Mrs. Pitcock in the nineteen sixties. It has had many updates in recent years. The home has two-stories with brick exterior that has approximately 3,562 square feet plus a full basement. The ground level of the home has a foyer, kitchen, dining room, living room with fireplace, half bath. The upper level has five bedrooms, two bathrooms and hardwood floors throughout. One of the bedrooms is a large master suite with oversize bathroom and walk in closets. The basement has an open finished family room area with fireplace, a half bathroom, and an unfinished area. Updates include two approximately 6-year-old heat and air units and replacement windows. Parcel 2 contains 5.009 acres with a large shop building that has an office area, bathroom, two overhead doors, and concrete floor. There is a lower level of the building for storage which has 6 overhead doors. Parcel 3 approximately 25 acres nearly all wooded land. Parcel 3 is selling subject to a timber sale contract. If a bidder desires to purchase parcel 3 with the timber, he/she can combine auction parcels 3 and 4. Parcel 4 Marketable Timber consisting of approximately 191,740 board feed located on approximately 25 acres of land known as auction parcel 3. Tree species amounts include Yellow Poplar 91,930, Red Oak Group 32,590, White Oak 14,400, Sweet Gum 8,630; Hickory 8,580; Cherry 2,640; Ash 2,260; Hard Maple 1,670; Black Gum 650; Walnut 590. According to Ron Taylor, Consulting Forestor the timber has a value of $62,969.00. Timber size 19 inches across the stump measured at ground level with an 18 month removal period. All land parcels have paved road frontage on Sportsman Lake Road. Bidders will have the opportunity to bid on individual parcels and combinations of parcels using the MarkNet/Barr Realty & Auction Ultimate Choice online bidding platform. ZONING: R-1 Urban Residential INSPECTION: Thursday July 7th from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM EDT If you need help placing a bid call us at 270-422-2136. The land and timber can be inspected anytime during daylight hours. IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ: BIDDING: This property is being offered in 4 Tracts (3 Real Estate Tracts and 1 Timber Tract). Each tract is offered individually, high bidders choice, and in combination with other tracts and the property in its entirety. The configuration that produces the best offer to the seller will determine how the property sells. Initially, bidders will be able to bid on each parcel individually. At amoment deemed adequate by Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc., parcel grouping will be turned on and all registered bidder will be notified, via email, as such.
The Jean Pitcock Estate, Owner
This property is offered in 4 tracts. (3 real estate and 1 timber).
Each tract is offered individually, high bidders choice, and in combination with other tracts and the property in its entirety. The configuration that produces the best offer to the seller will determine how the property sells.
Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc. has the sole authority the resolve any bidding disputes as they may arise.
Auction End Times: All of Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc.'s Online Real Estate Auctions are times events and subject to the extended bidding due to bidding activity. Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc. reserves the right to adjust the auto extension time period. Example: Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc. Online Real Estate Auctions have a "Dynamic Close" auto extend feature. Any bid placed within 10 minutes of the advertised auction end time will automatically extend the auction for 10 minutes from the time the bid is placed. Example: If an auction is scheduled to end at 4:00 PM and receives a bid at 3:59 PM, the "Dynamic Close" auction extension auto-extend feature remains active until no further bids are received on the entire bidding group of properties within the auto-extend time frame and which time the auction will close. Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc. reserves the right to adjust the auto extension time period. Bidder Verification: The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding privileges are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Barr Realty and Auction Co., Inc. reserves the right to reject the registration and bidding activity is subject to termination.
1. Real Estate Terms and Conditions:
NOTE: If you require any type of government guaranteed loan such as VA, FHA, RHS or KY Housing Corporation, PLEASE DO NOT BID! There are no financing contingencies for homes sold at auction. If you are obtaining financing it is recommended that you use a conventional type loan only. You should speak with your loan officer prior to bidding to ensure that the financing can be completed within the allowed time frame and according to the terms and conditions as shown on the purchase contract agreement and addendum REAL ESTATE:. $20,000 down on home, $10,000 down each on parcels 2, 3 and 4 within 48 hours of the auction ending time. Deposit to be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check, personal check with up-to-date bank letter guaranteeing funds or wire transfer. Balance due by Aug. 23, 2022. POSSESSION: Date of deed. TAXES: 2022 real estate taxes to be prorated. Other online bidding terms apply, see barrrealtyauction.com for details. BUYERS PREMIUM: A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to all winning bids to determine the final selling price. IMPORTANT NOTICE: All property sold “as is where is” condition with no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied. Although information has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, neither the seller nor the auctioneer makes any warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make an inspection prior to the auction. All announcements take precedence over any printed material or any oral statements made. Not responsible for accidents.
2. This online only auction is a cash sale not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by bidders at registration prior to bidding and specified in the attached Agreement to Purchase Real Estate.
3. A Buyer’s Premium of 10% is added to the high bid. At the close of the auction, the successful Bidder will be emailed an Agreement to Purchase Contract to be executed and returned to Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. within Forty-Eight (48) hours. Successful Bidders will make their deposits in the form of cash, cashier’s check, or wire transfer with Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. within Forty-Eight (48) hours of the completion of the auction. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing.
4. Purchaser will be responsible for all wire transfers.
5. Per the Contract, time is of the essence; you should proceed to closing within Thirty (30) days. Possession shall be given to the successful Buyer(s) at closing. Any closing fees charged by the buyer(s) lender or closing attorney will be a buyer(s) expense.
6. Successful Bidders not executing and returning their Contract with Earnest Money deposit within 48 hours of the conclusion of the auction will be considered in default. If your closing is delayed for any reason, by you, as purchaser or other parties working on your behalf, including any lender you involve, you may be declared in breach of this contract, forfeit all deposits made and could be additionally liable for any and all costs incurred by Seller and Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. incurred in a subsequent resale of the property.
7. Buyer(s) must be prepared to make a cash offer. There are no contingencies to this sale (i.e. financing, appraisal, repairs or inspections). Therefore, you should be pre-qualified by a lender prior to bidding if you require financing. This property is being sold for cash “as is, where is.” with a closing deadline.
8. SERVER & SOFTWARE TECHNICAL ISSUES: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software or any other online auction-related technologies, Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. Neither the Company providing the software nor Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
9. Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and or bidding rights and privileges of any party at any time deemed not to be in the best interest of the seller. The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding rights are provisional and if complete verification is not possible, Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. will reject the registration and bidding activity will be terminated.
10. Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. will make its best efforts to accept and submit your bids. However, due to possible equipment malfunctions, lapsed time due to internet connections or bidders not acting quickly enough we do not guarantee that a bid will be received and/or accepted. It is of no benefit to wait to the last second to submit a bid. In the event bidding is active the auto extend feature will automatically extend the time unless we inform you otherwise. It is for this reason that we highly recommend that you submit any and all bids as quickly as you can to ensure that it is received/accepted.
11. Auctioneers and/or a Barr Realty & Auction Company, Inc. representative have the option of reopening the bidding for any item if they deem a computer or electronic malfunction prevented a potential or existing bidder from placing bids. Even though a bidding time may have ended and the computer screen may show the bidding is CLOSED. The auctioneers and/or a Barr Realty & Auction Company, Inc. representative may reopen the bidding at their sole discretion.
12. Barr Realty & Auction Company reserves the right to change a bidder’s user name and/or password at any time for any reason.
13. Buyer acknowledges they are buying property “as is, where is”, without inspections or contingencies, Buyer(s) will rely on his/her own judgment and inspection.
14. Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. and their representatives are Exclusive Agents of the Seller(s).
15. Real Estate is sold subject to any and all existing matters of record and all easements building use or zoning laws and regulations. 2022 real estate taxes to be prorated.
16. All Barr Realty & Auction Co., Inc. Online Only Real Estate Auctions are timed events that have an auto-extend feature. Any bid placed within 5 minutes of the auction ending will automatically extend the auction for 5 minutes from the time the bid is placed. Example: If an auction scheduled to end at 12:00 p.m. receives a bid at 11:59 a.m., the close time of the auction automatically extends to 12:04 p.m. The auto-extend feature remains active until no further bids are received within the 5 minute time frame. Auto extend all extend feature.
17. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Bidders agree to keep their username and password confidential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account.
18. When using the website you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of website use privileges.
19. Auction company employees and/or auction company may bid on auction items.
20. We gather aggregate information from this web site which may include but is not limited to: number of page visitors, most visited pages, any and all correspondence. All property sold “as is where is” condition with no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied. Although information has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, neither the seller nor the auctioneer makes any warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make an inspection prior to the auction. All instant announcements from the auction company take precedence over any printed material or any oral statements made. Not responsible for accidents.
21. This is a binding agreement upon the buyer. If the buyer defaults on this agreement, the real estate can be sold again. The buyer will be responsible for paying the monetary difference between the selling prices and all expenses incurred in the resale including but not limited to advertising, promotion, sales fees, closing fees, buyers premiums, attorney fees and court costs.